Embrace it all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Embrace it all!

Post  qiheitiann on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:07 pm

I mentioned before that I have been working with the young ladies (12-18 years old) that go to my church. What I didn't mention is how much fun I am having. I feel like I am in high school again (I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A few weeks ago we did a service project where we made and delivered frozen meals to families in our church that recently had a babies. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]It was so fun as we had a poem/cheer prepared for each house we visited. Each of us were in charge of memorizing a line and to make up actions that accompanied that line. It made for a fun and humorous introduction.

Throughout the night our introduction continued to get more and more elaborate, where eventually we tried to get the girls to do a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]little dance when they said who they were. They weren't too excited about that, but Suzi (the other leader) and I sure were! ha

This service project of making and delivering meals to five new families may seem like an easy task for those in suburbs or in "normal-ville;[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" however, this was quite a feat for us in the city where no one has a car and using public transportation would have taken all night. It was so surreal for me to have all the girls piled in a taxi as we went to the different apartments doing our service for the recent moms.

Living in NYC is so different from where I grew up, a little suburb where there are no trains and using a bus would be really embarrassing (hahaha).[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Is a life out of the city better or worse? I don't think it is either, it's just so different. There are certain things that are more challenging, like this particular evening where getting from place to place was difficult. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] However, then I think about all the fun we had trying to hail a cab, walking from one apartment to the next, being piled in back of a cab with a bunch of girls laughing and giggling and a cab driver not knowing quite what to make of it all.

In a city, such as New York, there are many things that may seem inconvenient or hard; however, if you focus on the positives they will always outshine the negatives. You just need to embrace it all!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

qiheitiann

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum