Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei

Post  Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:09 am

This world is ugly...

Plot:
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei revolves around a very pessimistic high school teacher named Nozomu Itoshiki who, at the very beginning of the series, tries to hang himself on a sakura tree. Despite this effort of self-destruction, he is saved by an extremely optimistic girl known only as Kafuka Fuura (though in her effort to save his life, she almost kills him). She explains to him that it is simply unimaginable that he would hang himself on such a nice day, especially in front of such beautiful trees. She decides to nickname Nozomu "Pink Supervisor", and offers to pay him fifty yen to call him by that nickname. After having enough of the strange girl, Nozomu bolts to the school and starts his homeroom class, but the attempt to escape was in vain as he finds that the girl is one of his students. Not only that, but Kafuka is just the tip of the iceberg: each and every student in his class represents a new personality quirk or bizarre obsession, posing challenges that the suicidally-inclined teacher must overcome in spite of himself.

tl;dr: Suicidal teacher meets optimistic student. Hilarity ensues.

Pathos's Notes
This is definitely under my list of favourite Animes. Now, I will warn that it is not for every viewer out there. Most of the jokes shown in SZB revolve around japanese culture that us outside of japan will probably never get. I believe that there are some notes on them, but I can be too sure. I should also note that, although the first season is pretty tame, it starts to get quite random in the later seasons. So, I suggest that you people only watch this if you are willing to learn about actual Japanese culture. All others have been warned.

-------------------------------------

Episode 1 - "Goodbye, Mr. Despair"
Size: 175 MB

Episode 2 - "At the End of the Tunnel It Was White"
Size: 174 MB

Episode 3 - "Jump Across the Country to Me"

Episode 4 - "Not Losing to the Elbow, Not Losing to the Knee" / "The Antenna has Risen; Let's Live"

Episode 5 - "Measuring Social Standing" / "The Stain and Poison Removal"

Episode 6 - "Leap Before Exchanging Looks"

Episode 7 - "Confessions of an Alias" / "One Morning, When Gregor Samsa Awoke, He was Carrying a Mikoshi"

Episode 8 - "I'm a Predestined Social Outcast" / "Because It is It, I Escape. Follow Me! Philostratos!"

Episode 9 - "The Evening Primroses on Fuji are Mistaken" / "I Intended to Prove It. New Year Holidays of This Year"

Episode 10 - "A Cultured Man Weathered the Rain Under Rashomon" / "Raw Yatsuhashi Must be Baked"
Size: 163 MB

Episode 11 - "Hey, You Can't Do That! Isn't There an Original?"
Size: 162 MB

Episode 12 - "Really, That's Annoying!"

Therefore, it is beautiful.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum